Veterans who are transitioning to civilian careers are an important asset to our local workforce.
"We love employing veterans. What we’ve found is that folks who have served our country in the armed forces have an appreciation for what it’s like to deal with changing conditions on a daily basis. They have an appreciation for what it’s like to deal with emotionally and physically challenging roles and they understand how to create command in situations that are sometimes chaotic.” - Apalachee Center CEO Dr. Jay Reeve
11 Reasons to Hire A Veteran
- Accelerated learning curve - Veterans have the proven ability to learn new skills and concepts.
- Leadership - The military trains people to lead by example as well as through direction, delegation, motivation and inspiration.
- Teamwork - Veterans understand how genuine teamwork grows out of a responsibility to one’s colleagues.
- Diversity and inclusion in action - Veterans have learned to work side-by-side with individuals regardless of any demographic factor.
- Efficient performance under pressure - Veterans understand the rigors of tight schedules and limited resources.
- Respect for procedures - They know how policies and procedures enable an organization to exist.
- Technology and globalization - They can bring the kind of global outlook and technological savvy that all enterprises of any size need to succeed.
- Integrity - Prospective employers can take advantage of a track record of integrity, often including security clearances.
- Conscious of health and safety standards - Thanks to extensive training, veterans are aware of health and safety protocols both for themselves and the welfare of others.
- Triumph over adversity - In addition to dealing positively with the typical issues of personal maturity, veterans have frequently triumphed over great adversity.
- Veterans are cost-effective employees - Federal tax benefits are available to Employers that hire Veterans.
Local Veteran-Friendly Employers
- Apalachee Center
- Capital City Bank
- GT Technologies
- Morris Allen & Associates, Inc.
- Senior Life Insurance Company
- St. Marks Powder
- Syntech Systems
- Streamline Roofing & Construction
Work Opportunity Tax Credit
By hiring a diverse talent pool, including veterans, your business could qualify for the Work Opportunity Tax Credit.